Thursday, March 26, 2009

what makes a novel a classic

sometimes i think really old people decide classic novels. They pick the most boring book they can find and decide it's a classic. They do this because they are jelous of highschool student's youth and  full head of hair. Their goal is to make us all pull our hair out from reading these BORING books.

Alright now that I'm done ranting on about how I hate most "classic" books we have to read, a novel needs to have been very popular at one time to be a classic. It also needs to depict something that people can relate to. It needs to make people think, whether it's with its descriptive adjectives, interesting plot, or the way its written (like iambic pentameter). Although they make me want to hurt myself on numerous occasions, I can't deny that classic novels definitely expand my vocabulary and make me an overall smarter person. 

No comments: