This link describes the story yakub more in detail. It cracks me up how many people believed in this theory
The story of Yakub reminds me of a funny time in my childhood. Blacks obviously made this up to make themselves feel better than everyone else. My friend Joris did something like this. When we were in kindergarten he told me that he had pokemon in his room; actual, living Pokemon. I one hundred percent believed him because I wanted to believe him. I wanted to meet real pokemon, I mean who wouldn't??? This is obviously on a much smaller scale, but Joris and I are both the blacks in this situation. Joris made this story up to make him feel and seem cool to me. I was like the blacks that believed in the outrageous story of Yakub. I believed the story because I wanted to believe it, it gave me hope that there were real Pokemon. Similarly, blacks wanted to think that they were the dominant people, and that is the only reason I could come up with for why they would believe the story of Yakub.
here is a link to a picture of some of my favorite pokemon (I know totally irrelevant but I'm putting it up anyway haha)
(squirttle was my favorite and among the pokemon that joris told me were in his room)

1 comment:
WOW mike how do you remember this! This was like all the way in kindergarten! But i so tricked you ... you believed me and told your mom everyday that i had pokemon in my attic (it was my attic not my room!) You were so jealous. But yes sometimes you can get overwhelmed in the moment and believe things so ridicules as that, just like people believe Yakub.
Post a Comment